The Planning Council is Currently recruiting for the following membership categories:
- Recently Released Incarcerated Affected PLWHA – released within the last three years
- Hospital Planning Agencies or Health Care Planning Agencies
- Representative from the Rural Areas of the San Antonio HSDA
- The Membership, Nominations, and Elections (MNE) Committee is responsible for ensuring that the ethnicity of the Planning Council reflects the HIV prevalence in the Transitional Grant Area, comprised of Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, and Wilson Counties. All eligible candidates will be interviewed. The membership term is for two years or the remaining months of a vacant term.
Dear Planning Council Applicant:
Thank you for your application to become a member of the San Antonio Area HIV Health Services Ryan White Planning Council. If your nomination is approved, you will join up to 23 other Planning Council Members who are responsible for deciding how federal funds are spent on emergency care services for persons living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
As the first step of the application process, please complete the application form and the confidential member information form. Before you start filling out the application, please check to make certain that you can commit up to ten (10) hours of your time each month to prepare for, travel to, and attend meetings. Council Members are required to:
- Attend one Planning Council meeting each month. The meetings are roughly two hours long, typically scheduled from 2:30 to 4:30 pm. The meeting is located at Vista Verde Plaza, 233 N. Pecos, San Antonio, TX 78207. Refreshments are served during the Council meeting and transportation reimbursement is available to Members who are living with HIV/AIDS.
- Attend one Committee meeting each month. The meetings are between one and two hours long and are typically scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. The meeting is located at Vista Verde Plaza, 233 N. Pecos, San Antonio, TX 78207. Refreshments are served at the Committee meetings and transportation reimbursement is available to Council Members who are living with HIV/AIDS.
- Abide by an attendance policy that allows for no more than two (2) absences in each of the two six-month periods of the grant year.
- Complete the New Member Orientation Training within three (3) months of appointment on the Planning Council. The training can be found at www.hiv210.org
If you need help completing the application or have any questions about what it means to be a Council Member, please contact the Planning Council Liaison at (210) 335-7056.
The application process will take approximately 3-4 weeks. Once you submit your application, the Membership, Nominations and Elections (MNE) Committee will meet to review your application, and conduct your interview. The Committee will then determine whether or not your membership should be forwarded to the full Planning Council for consideration and recommendation. If the Planning Council chooses to recommend you for membership, your nomination will be sent to the Bexar County Judge for appointment. As your application moves through this process, the Planning Council Support Staff will contact you at each phase to explain the status of your application.
If you are not appointed to the Planning Council, you are still welcome to attend Planning Council and committee meetings. You are always invited to speak through Public Comment at any meeting.
Thank you again for your interest in becoming a Planning Council Member.